Studio Agreement Terms
1. Client agrees to pay for studio time at the rate in effect at the time of booking. A nonrefundable deposit is required to confirm bookings. The required deposit amount is listed on the quote or invoice provided by the studio representative.
2. The Studio will provide studio time and the services agreed upon for the duration required by the Client. Any additional services, including, but not limited to, mixing, mastering, creating additional tracks, and adding to or modifying tracks done outside the agreed studio time will require additional fees.
3. Client is responsible for all monies owed to Studio, and shall make payment according to the quote or invoice provided by the studio representative. Payment may be by cash, credit card, check or money order. Any additional charges incurred must be paid at the completion of the recording session. Payment by check shall not be considered completed until the check has cleared the bank. Any checks returned for insufficient funds will incur an additional fee of twenty dollars ($20). The Client is responsible for any and all legal costs and attorney’s fees required to collect payment for any services rendered.
4. If the Client requires the service of session musicians or backup singers not offered by the Studio, the Client will be responsible for arranging for and paying said musicians or singers, independent of any arrangements through the Studio. If the Client requests the Studio to provide for session musicians the Studio will make arrangements for the Client. Client will still be responsible for payments associated with Studio session musicians and singers, through the Studio. The Studio will not be responsible for the failure of such 3rd party session musicians to show up for a session and miss their recording slot.
5. In the event of cancellation of a recording session or other scheduled service by Client, Client will forfeit the deposit.
6. If the Studio must cancel a session due to illness or other reasonable cause, the Studio will reschedule the session for the earliest available time consistent with the needs of the Client. In the event neither the Client nor the Studio can agree upon a date and time for a session, the Studio will refund the deposit. Such a cancelation must be made with reasonable notice (24 hours in advance is the recommended time frame).
7. Studio time includes setup time, breakdown time, and any breaks taken by the artist(s) or engineer. The engineer will be allowed a break up to 15 minutes every 2 hours to alleviate ear fatigue. The engineer will be allowed one 30-minute meal break per session and an additional meal break for sessions lasting longer than eight (8) hours. All such time is on the clock.
8. The Studio shall endeavor to secure all recording media (all master tapes, slaves, final mixes, and other media and storage devices) owned by Client, and left or stored on studio premises, but the Studio is not responsible for loss or damage. In the event of loss to or damage of Client’s recording media due to willful negligence, Studio shall be responsible for replacement of no more than the value of the total replacement cost of the media (if owned by Client) and studio time to date devoted to said recording media.
9. Any of the Client’s recording media stored on premises shall not be released or final copies made for the Client or Client’s representative until all monies due Studio has been paid. If not paid within 30 days, the Client’s recording media left on premises shall become the property of Studio.
10. The Client’s project files will be backed up to another hard drive after each recording session. Onsite hard drive storage will be maintained for one month after the last recording session. After that time, files may be permanently deleted unless other arrangements have been made. Files for ongoing projects booking time on a regular basis will not be deleted.
11. Backing up or copying to external media or to an external hard drive supplied by the Client will be billed at the rate of $20 per song, or $100 per project. Client shall provide his or her own external media and/or hard drives for this purpose. Client will not have access to such media until all payments due the Studio have been made.
12. Client shall be responsible for any loss or damage to Studio property incurred by Client, employees of Client, guests of Client, or agents of Client, as a result of misuse, negligence, and or carelessness.
13. Client shall be responsible for obtaining all mechanical licenses for music for which the Client does not own the rights. All such licenses must be obtained prior to duplication and preferably before the Studio produces a master, if that master will be used for duplication. It is advantageous to assign ISRC codes for each recorded track, which should be embedded in the digital media when the master is produced. The Client shall be responsible for and shall pay the fees (if any) for obtaining such codes.
14. The Client shall abide by the Studio Rules, listed below. Disobedience of these rules by the Client or a guest of the Client will be ground for removal of said person or persons from the property, immediate termination of their recording agreement, and the possible loss of future use of the studio. In the event of termination of the recording agreement due to such causes, there will be no refund of monies paid by the Client. The Studio or its representative will have sole right to make such determination.
15. The Client releases the Studio from any harm or damage that may occur to any person in the Client’s party or to equipment belonging to the Client during their recording sessions, if such is not the direct result of the Studio’s intentional or reckless conduct.
16. The Client agrees to allow it’s name, photographic image, and/or musical samples to be used on the Studio’s website and/or for other promotional purposes. The Studio will not sell or allow downloads of the Client’s music without prior agreement.
17. Should any portion of this Agreement prove to invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it should not affect the remainder of this Agreement. The laws of the State of Tennessee govern this Agreement. In the event of a disagreement between the parties regarding the performance of this Agreement, both parties agree to attempt first through mediation. Should mediation fail and should litigation arise between the parties, the prevailing party shall be compensated for whatever damages are awarded, plus reasonable attorney’s fees by the other party.
18. This constitutes the entire agreement between Client and Studio, and may not be modified, changed, or terminated in any way unless there is a written agreement signed by both parties.
Studio Code of Conduct
- No unnecessary people are allowed in the recording studio during sessions unless agreed upon by studio manager.
- All individuals in the studio are to respond to the direction of the head engineer, lead videographer, or studio manager.
- No equipment is to be handled unless directed by staff.
Smoking and Alcohol
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed in the studio or the property at Center Street.
- No alcohol is permitted on the campus on which the studio is located. Therefore alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the studio or anywhere else on the grounds.
- No illegal substances are allowed on the property. Any Client or guest of the Client found to be under the influence of any illegal substance or exhibiting any behavior deemed unprofessional by the Studio or its representative will be grounds for removal of said person or persons from the property and immediate termination of this agreement and possible loss of the future use of the studio. In the event of termination of this agreement due to such causes, there will be no refund of monies paid by the Client. The Studio or its representative will make the final judgment in such situations.
Food and Drink
- Although food and drinks are allowed in the Control Room, please use them in reasonable quantities. Drinks should be in enclosed containers. Any spills that cause damage to the building or equipment will be to be billed to the Client.
- Please help us keep the area neat and orderly. Do not leave food or trash around the facilities or in the studio. Please clean up any mess that you make. Place all trash in the appropriate containers.
- The Studio can reject recording or filming explicit content at the discretion of it's representatives.